Tuesday, April 01, 2008

General service - Apr 1 2008

No, it's not a joke. Sylvie got a nice service at 22310 kms.

Items changed:

a) Brake pads (Ferodo up front, generic at the back)
b) Brake fluid bleed out

You'll notice that there is not much detail attached to the braking setup. While I do care about stopping power, I believe in riding The Pace. I was searching high and low for Braking brake pads for the CB400 range - 716CM55 for the front and 742CM56 for the rear.

I've been hitting the brakes a bit to bed them in. I did a couple of full stops on the way in. Apparently that isn't the way to stop it in. Will try and bed the brakes in today later in the evening hopefully.

Items serviced / taken care of:

There was a buzz from the engine, and it turned out to be just a loose connection on the engine guard. Also serviced were the wheel bearings and steering cone.

As a freebie, Ah Chong gave me a couple of air caps... Planet motors, me likey.

Another one for the Pace.

No comments: